Friday, June 3, 2011


So, I got stuck in a little bit of a wormhole.  A CPA Exam study wormhole.  A celebrate both kids' birthdays in 4 days wormhole.  Maybe I should really be referring to it as a rabbit hole.

Whatever type of hole it's supposed to be, I finally found my way out.  I've been keeping up to date with Twitter, but finding the time to write a whole post seemed daunting.

Now it's June, and there isn't any CPA Exam testing.  I'll find out at the end of the month whether I passed the three exams I took in this last testing window.  And then, I take my last one on July 1st.  So, June won't be without any studying - unfortunately.

I'm hoping I've passed all of the tests taken so far, so I can get back to my normal life.  Or at least, so I can start really focusing on this move.

Mr. Commoner and I are actually having doubts.  Is this really the right decision?  At first, we'll both have to be working in London, which is a 1.5 hour commute each way on the train.  We are going to be bringing the kids' current babysitter for the first 6 months, but what happens after that?  We'll have to get an actual nanny - but can we really afford that?  Can we trust someone we don't know anything about?  Is being away from the kids for almost 60 hours a week really worth being closer to family?  The cost of living there is also a big factor.  We will be making more, but will it be enough to cover the increased costs? 

We've thought of all of these things before and we were ok with it all.  Now, things are becoming more real and it's getting a little scary.

There are so many unknowns with this move, it just seems safer to stick with what we know.  Has anyone else done something similar?  Do you have any advise?  Help!

No comments: