Monday, August 22, 2011

Preschool - are you ready for Ramsay?

Friday morning, as I was frantically trying to finish up a file at work to close out before the noon deadline, I received a call from the school district we live in.  Because I was so busy, I wasn't going to answer the call.  But then I realized it could be about Lucas, who was hopefully behaving himself in his 3rd grade classroom at that moment.

It wasn't about Lucas. 

It was about Ramsay. Ramsay, who was hopefully behaving himself at daycare, not school.

Actually, it was to let me know that even though school started almost 3 weeks ago, a spot in the preschool had opened up.  Did I want it for Ramsay? 

Um, hmmm, let me think.

Do I want my child, who is about a year behind where his older brother was at this age, to have a structured setting to learn the things he is supposed to know by the time he is in Kindergarten?  Of course I did!  I snatched up the spot right away.

The only problem was the school needed a copy of Ramsay's current physical - one dated within the last year - before he would be allowed to start.

Ramsay's last physical was June 4, 2010 - which, for those of you who are mathematically challenged, was more than a year ago. 

After getting off the phone with the school district I called his doctor's office to make the appointment figuring they wouldn't be able to get him for at least a week or two.  To my greatful surprise, they were able to see him at 9am this morning.  So, as of 10:20, Ramsay is registered and scheduled to start preschool next monday.  And, as an added bonus, since he wasn't able to start with the rest of the class, I won't have to pay any tuition for August.  Yay!

Now, who told my little baby that it was ok to grow up and start school?

I feel like it was just a few months ago he looked like this:

Ramsay, 6 weeks


Now, he's a walking, talking, running, getting into trouble, 3 year old who looks like this:

Ramsay, 2 weeks ago

I am officially the mother of a 3rd grader and a preschooler.  Hold me.

No comments: