See, look, I told you it would happen again.
Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I suppose an update is in order.
Last time I posted I was still waiting for my official CPA License. That finally came some time in the middle of January. Also, the last time I posted, I had been in the middle of potentially getting a new job. You might be interested to know that I still have the same job I've always had. The job with the Major Corporation just didn't work out. They didn't really make me an official offer, but what they did do was give me a very stringent ballpark. A ballpark I didn't even need to think about to refuse.
You see, while the amount of money they were offering was more than I was making now, it did not make up for what I would be losing. It didn't account for the fact that I would have to move to Denver where the cost of living is higher than where I am now. It didn't account for the fact that I would be cutting my annual leave allotment in half. It didn't account for the fact that I would be working many more hours a week than I currently do. And finally, it didn't account for the fact that my health insurance would be considered sub-par to what I'm getting now - which apparently is the Cadillac of health insurance.
So, I turned it down before I put any more time into the vetting process. And, to be honest, I haven't regretted it for one minute - aside from the fact that I was looking forward to a change.
Now, what wasn't happening the last time I posted.
We have decided to go ahead with the move to the UK.
Did you read that? WE ARE GOING AHEAD WITH OUR MOVE TO THE UK!
We are very excited about this.
The last time we were considering this, it was only if we had jobs to go to first. This time, that isn't even close to being the case. This time, we have already purchased our one way tickets to the UK and we're not even looking for jobs. We're currently pinching as many pennies as we can so we have enough to live on for a little bit once we get there. This will give us the opportunity to be a little more picky about the jobs we look for and accept.
Something else we've decided to do is a cross-country roadtrip for a few weeks before our flight. We'll start here in Colorado, head out to Southern California, and then make our way back east for our final destination of Boston, MA. Our flight leaves July 27th.
We're very excited, but have a lot to do. To chronicle it all, my husband has started a blog for the family. Nothing has been posted to it yet, so I'll wait until then to share the URL - if I share it at all. I may just keep it private for now since personal information will be included there. We'll see. Right now I'm leaning towards sharing since I'm tired of the secrecy. I'll let you know what I decide.